As in previous years, an important part of the PhotoWeekend will be workshops and presentations. Analogue photography thrives on its many techniques and the people who master them. In addition to workshops for beginners, there will again be special workshops on alternative techniques such as Cyanotype & Eco Developing. For beginners and photographers who want to get back into analog photography, the darkroom workshops offer the perfect training for developing and enlarging B&W and color photographs.
A corresponding hygiene concept will be published in due course. The workshops will take place on the festival grounds.
- 3-Color CyanotypeBy Annette Golaz • Date/Time: Sunday 29.08. 10-14h • Price: 100€ / 80€* • In this workshop you will learn how to create a color image on the basis of a cyanotype and with the help of a plant. Because blue is just one color that a cyanotype can have. … Continue reading 3-Color Cyanotype
- B&W DevelopmentBy Sabine Alex • Date/Time: Saturday 28.08. 14-17h • Price: 55€ / 44€* • Discover the world of black and white film development in the darkroom. Together with other participants, you will learn how to develop, water, dry and then archive a B/W film yourself. Experience the magical moment when … Continue reading B&W Development
- B&W PrintingBy Sabine Alex • Date/Time: Saturday 28.08. 18-21h • Price: 75€ / 60€* • Discover the world of black and white photo printing in the darkroom. Together with other participants you will learn how to expose, develop and dry photo paper to a positive from a B&W negative. Experience the … Continue reading B&W Printing
- ChemigramsBy Ria Wank • Date/Time: Saturday 28.08. 11-13h • Price: 50€ / 40€* • • Chemigrams – camera-less image development with black and white photo chemistry • Chemigrams are camera-free images created with the help of a fixer and developer. Reservation techniques and advanced development processes result in unique structures … Continue reading Chemigrams
- Color development (C-41)By Sabine Alex • Date/Time: Sunday 29.08. 15-18h • Price: 70€ / 56€* • Discover the world of color in the darkroom, and learn how to develop, water, dry and then archive C-41 films. Experience the magical moment when you take your self-developed film out of the developer tank and … Continue reading Color development (C-41)
- Color Printing (RA-4)By Jan Nordsieck • Date/Time: Sunday 29.08. 10-14h • Price: 90€ / 72€* • For most people, darkroom means: black and white. But color printing (RA4) is also possible! In this workshop we will show you how this works, what options there are and how you can get good results … Continue reading Color Printing (RA-4)
- Large format – Color reversal processBy Jan Nordsieck • Date/Time: Sunday 29.08. 15-19h • Price: 95€ / 76€* • If you want to take color photos in large format, you have to dig deep into your pockets, and if you want to make paper prints from your slides, you have no chance? Not necessarily! In … Continue reading Large format – Color reversal process
- PhotoWalk – SaturdayDate/Time: Saturday 28.08. 11-14h • Price: 10€ / 5€* • Saturday is no good? No problem, we have a PhotoWalk on Sunday too! • Do you have an analogue camera but are not sure how to use it? In this workshop you will learn terms such as aperture, ISO, exposure … Continue reading PhotoWalk – Saturday
- PhotoWalk – SundayDate/Time: Sunday 29.08. 11-14h • Price: 10€ / 5€* • Sunday is no good? No problem, we have a PhotoWalk on Saturday too! • Do you have an analogue camera but are not sure how to use it? In this workshop you will learn terms such as aperture, ISO, exposure … Continue reading PhotoWalk – Sunday
- Pinhole camera constructionBy Markus KaeslerDate/Time: Friday 27.08. 16-20h and Saturday 28.08. 10-14hPrice: 90€ / 72€* Embark on a journey to the optical fundamentals of photography and discover the special possibilities of lens-free photography and take home a self-made 4×5 pinhole camera at the end of the workshop! On the first day, we … Continue reading Pinhole camera construction
- Viva Kompostol! – Super 8 and ecoprocessingBy Dagie Brundert • Date/Time: Saturday 28.08. 11-15h • Price: 60€ / 48€* • • An intensive 1-day Super 8 workshop with Dagie Brundert • You go out and pick a few flowers, take some birch bark with you and the kiwi and banana peels from breakfast, brew a soup … Continue reading Viva Kompostol! – Super 8 and ecoprocessing